Thursday, November 20, 2008

WebVideo

Ah, movies on the web. I love movies! However, there can be so much dross among the really good finds. It's hard to find the good stuff. And, other people's ratings are very subjective - what they like, I might not. I looked mostly at YouTube. I did briefly look at Yahoo and Google, but didn't seem to like them as much. Maybe, I'm just used to YouTube. There are also the same problems with computer speed, and these "movies" take up so much memory. I can usually see them on my work computer a bit better than my home computer, which is older. On my home computer they will sometimes stop and start, or cause everything else to stop. I chose the video that I did because I do "Readers' Advisory" in my library, as part of my job. Advantages of using webvideos would include making our library's website more up-to-the-minute, and putting a personal face on "chats" that we would present to patrons. (Excuse, me, I really hate that word "patrons", I'm going to use customers from now on.) You would need a good camera and someone who could post these on the websites. But, you could do them and change frequently. Or have an archive that customers can refer back to.
I'm going to try to embed this video into this blog.


I think it worked! Tell me what you think. Now, another post would be why I am not sure I like this webvideo. I'll add that later.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

I did indeed work! Good job. I think we'll be able to use a lot of video in the future at the library, and RA is a great application for it. Looking forward to your post on why you don't like the video....