Monday, November 24, 2008

LibraryThing

Okay, I read the info, created my account, and I put in the five books that I was supposed to for this assignment.
What I like:
Liked the idea that I could rate my books.
It was fun to see what other people had in their libraries and to see how many people had my listed book. If it's an unusual book, could be interesting.
I do like seeing the reviews from other people of books that are in my collection.
Gallery is fun - I like the pictures of the authors.
What I didn't like:
Your Library shows your personal library, not your area library. Took me a few minutes to figure that out! :) I couldn't find any libraries other than personal, was I supposed to? I clicked on all the tabs.
There's a click that will take you to Amazon - why do things always have to go to Amazon?!
People who share favorite authors, might be interesting but how does that help me?
There are too many blogs discussing merits or not of books - it's overwhelming!
What more do I need to do?
Think it would be fun to put more books into my library. Between my husband and me, we have about 800 books on our shelves. Hmm, maybe the lifetime amount would be good. Something to do on a wintry day.

No comments: