Monday, October 20, 2008

Web 2.0 - Random Thoughts

Web 2.0 has received lots of press and I wonder if it's just another "fad" that started with a bang and will go out with a whimper. When I look at those in my age group, I see people who don't even know how to do email. My plumber is snail mailing me a quote because his wife, who does the estimates, doesn't know how to attach a document to an email. How easy is that? Will we have a lag in 2.0 taking hold because my generation can't do certain things? Then, will it jump again when the younger generation (30s and under) become the prominent generation? I see people my son's age texting, etc. - they are very comfortable with technology. They have grown up with it literally from birth. The next 10 - 20 years should be interesting - I hope I'm around to see what happens!

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Good thoughts on 2.0, Laurel. I think some of it will turn out to be faddish and some of it will turn out to have lasting application to what we do. I hope you enjoy the rest of the lessons. Your blog looks nice!